75100385

I installed a heating system with unvented cylinder in 2009

I installed a heating system with unvented cylinder in 2009 now in 2016 the insurers have charged me with neglect for not screwing a bracket properly on the wall. I did the job in 2009 and I give one years guarantee on works and materials the system has not been complained against but they have said I was neglegent in not making sure the bracket was screwed. It is in an airing cupboard and with people putting and taking out clothes the said item can be disturbed
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What date is this 'charge' please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They put it down as the incident happened on the 8th May 2016 as I installed it in 2009 and had given them a guarantee for 1 year parts and labour I find it a bit much to come after me seven years down the line as I left that site and all the houses were in working order (5 in all) I done work for the same developer two years on and done 7 houses on another site and he never said there was any problem with the previous site
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

They are out of time. They have 6 years from the date of install to bring a claim under the limitation act 1980. Therefore any claim should have been brought by 2015.

They are out of time.