chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I'm currently living in Thailand. I would like to return to

Hi, I'm currently living in Thailand. I would like to return to the UK ASAP. I'm a British citizen and would like to relocate with my Thai wife. I am preparing to apply for a spouse/settlement for my wife. The problem is she was convicted for drinking and driving in October 2014. My question is, is it worth her applying for the settlement visa or would she be refused on the grounds of Criminal history.
Regards, ***** *****
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.

If your wife has a criminal conviction in her home country, this would adversely affect her application for a visa in the UK.

If the conviction is deemed spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1975, then she should be ok to apply.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,