F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

I issued a section 8 with grounds 8,10 and 12 on it instead

I issued a section 8 for possession with grounds 8,10 and 12 on it instead of 8,10 and 11 as was meant (genuine typo). It is now more than 14 days since notice served.Can I apply for a court date online just using grounds 8 and 10 or do I need to start all over again
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

The problem with simply relying on grounds 8 and 10 is that all they have to do on the day in court is reduce the rent arrears to under two months and your claim fails.. Ground 11 is regular rent arrears. My suggestion therefore would be but if you want to have a better chance of getting possession, for the sake of 2 weeks, serve another notice.

If this is coming to the end has come to the end of the tenancy and has become periodic, you might want to also serve a section 21 notice to get them out at the end of the term in any event or two months if the tenancy is now periodic.

Please don’t forget to rate the service positive. It doesn’t cost you anything but helps me greatly, I get paid!

Best wishes

FES

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yep, good explanation, understood.