How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask F E Smith Your Own Question
F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 9339
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
Type Your Law Question Here...
F E Smith is online now

I have filed an application to stop harassment by my

Resolved Question:

I have filed an application to stop harassment by my neighbours.I have informed them of the application notice. Am I required to send them my evidence and witness statement . I would rather not if I can help it as they are likely to tamper with evidence before the trial and cause problems for us in general .
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

You cannot simply produce documentation on the day in court with any hope that it can be relied on. The parties have to have time to study each other’s documentation and they cannot do that if it simply produced on the day in court.

The court will order the two of you to exchange all documents that you wish to rely on prior to the hearing.

Unfortunately therefore you are going to have to send them the evidence and witness statement at some stage but that can generally be done a couple of weeks before the hearing with a mutual exchange of documentation.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Please don’t forget to rate the service positive. It doesn’t cost you anything but helps me greatly, I get paid!

Best wishes


F E Smith and other Law Specialists are ready to help you