F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

I have filed an application to stop harassment by my

I have filed an application to stop harassment by my neighbours.I have informed them of the application notice. Am I required to send them my evidence and witness statement . I would rather not if I can help it as they are likely to tamper with evidence before the trial and cause problems for us in general .
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

You cannot simply produce documentation on the day in court with any hope that it can be relied on. The parties have to have time to study each other’s documentation and they cannot do that if it simply produced on the day in court.

The court will order the two of you to exchange all documents that you wish to rely on prior to the hearing.

Unfortunately therefore you are going to have to send them the evidence and witness statement at some stage but that can generally be done a couple of weeks before the hearing with a mutual exchange of documentation.

Please don’t forget to rate the service positive. It doesn’t cost you anything but helps me greatly, I get paid!

Best wishes

FES