propertylawyer
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Property Solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
94563951

I HAVE BEEN AWARDED A PPI PAYMENT FROM BARCLAYS BANK OF

I HAVE BEEN AWARDED A PPI PAYMENT FROM BARCLAYS BANK OF 2159.23.
CHEQUE SENT TO OFFICIAL RECIVER.HE WAS DISCHARGED FROM BANKRUPCY
IN DEC 2009 WITH THE OF HAVING NO FURTHER INTEREST IN MY AFFAIRS
DEBTS WERE WRITTEN OFF.
IS IT LEGAL TO DO THAT?
LEE PENTLAND
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lee
Potentially, yes.If you took out a PPI policy before you went bankrupt, you are highly unlikely to be able to make a claim or to keep any money that comes out of a claim.This is because if a PPI policy was mis-sold before you were made bankrupt, any claim or potential claim connected to it is counted as an asset. This means it's owned by the official receiver or the trustee, not by you, and is part of the bankruptcy estate.If you've been discharged from bankruptcy, this doesn't change the situation. The official receiver or trustee still owns the right to claim and any money that results from a claim, unless they've agreed to transfer the right back to you.
I hope this answer helps.
Please take a moment to accept/rate my reply.
If you have any further questions or queries in relation to this then please let me know.
King regards
Paul