75100385

I have received a letter from RIGHTFUL CLAIMS of Bowral

I have received a letter from RIGHTFUL CLAIMS of Bowral N.S.W., Australia concerning an unclaimed asset, and asking me to sign an agreement to pay them 30% if and when this is proved to be mine. I have Australian connections, so the scenario is not impossible, and the amount of the asset is only apx GB £6000. Are they a legit organisation? They seem to have an established website and background, but I am thinking twice before responding in view of the possibility of scams. But I can't work out how they might be trying to pull one!
I certainly won't pay money up front, and am aware of the possibility of identity theft if they start asking for i/d from me
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Are you being asked to pay any fee up front please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No - their letter is specific that they do not ask for any up-front payment.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok - I have never heard of them, but dont give any personal information/documents or any payment.

If they want these then its likely to be a scam.

But if they want to do work without any direct payment then you should consider this.

I have checked their website and done a whois lookup but that is registered with a 3rd party.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not familiar with "whois lookup" and what it might imply in being registered to a 3rd party. What might that imply?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

It could mean its a scam, but then a company may use a third party to register the domain. So it doesnt help either way.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks - that seems about as far as we can go !Harry
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Indeed. There is limited information out there.