Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

The defendant wants to inspect documents on my disclosure

Customer Question

The defendant wants to inspect documents on my disclosure list but insists that weekends are out of the question. I will lose one day's earning i.e. £525 to do this during the week. He also wants inspection during working hours. Do I have a choice of flexibility as long as it is within 7 days?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your further question. It is usual for the opposing party to request to inspect documents after having considered the disclosure list and for you to provide such documents in correspondence - have you considered providing copies instead of the defendant attending your location?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have asked him which documents he wants to see. He wants to come down from Manchester to London to inspect documents I have already sent. I have sent proof of payment that he owes. He thinks there's a smoking gun somewhere. There isn't. If I refuse he wants to have my case struck out that's his only hope of winning. But he doesn't want inspection at weekends and only for me to take time off work so as not to be in default.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming. The usual way for parties to inspect documents is for copies of the documents to be made and then be served on the other party. There is no requirement for there to be inspection in person at your premises. The defendant will need to provide you a list of documents that they wish to inspect and all you have to do is serve them copies.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you sir !!
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you - I hope it goes well. If you have any questions in the future you can ask for me directly by starting your question For Harris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mr Harris,
Are you open to another question?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Of course but would be helpful if you could ask it here: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-harrisja/?rpt=3800

Unless it is directly in relation to the previous answer and I will assist you here.