Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Madam, I have a girlfriend much younger than me with whom I

Dear Sir / Madam,
I have a girlfriend much younger than me with whom I have had on and off relationships with for several years. She has a one year old baby by me and I am paying maintenance for the child. She currently is unemployed and also has an 11 year old daughter who is not mine.
Recently things have improved between us and she wants to move into my luxury house which is solely owned by me. If she moves in with me, what legal rights does she have or will she acquire in the future ? If things do not work out, do I have a right to ask her to leave ?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Firstly, unless you marry her she has no grounds to acquire any property which is in your name and you can request that she leaves upon reasonable notice. However, as you have a child together, whether you have cohabited or not, she is entitled to apply to court for you to provide resources in order to meet housing needs for the benefit of the child, if she does not have the resources herself.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.