Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters

How do I get a DNA test done?

Customer Question

How do I get a DNA test done?
Expert:  Harris replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Could you elaborate more on the issue, who requires the DNA test and for what purpose?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My son is being told that a baby born is his, the baby is still in hospital as he was born very premature. There is a doubt in his mind that he is his. If he is my son is very willing to support the baby. I believe the mother consents to this test being done. My son does not know the process, to instigate this
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He has rung the hospital, but they did not know the procedure. They advised calling the citizen advice, but nobody seems to be there today, after trying to get through for over an hour!
Expert:  Harris replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for confirming. As the mother is agreeing to the DNA testing, your son will need to approach a DNA testing company - you can find a list of companies here:

It would be helpful for him to use one of these companies so that the results can be used professional if required (for example for child maintenance issues).

The procedure and fees are also outlined on the above website.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 4 months ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.