12826847

I need some legal advice regarding a horrible situation and

Customer Question

Hello, I need some legal advice regarding a horrible situation and very personal.
I had an affair with someone, and unbeknownst to us, his girl friend had been reading every single email exchange we had between us. She logged into his email account and his facebook account. Things have ended but she sent me an email, with attachments of extracts of our conversations, and also said that she had videos which I had sent and threatened to contact my husband plus my work, she threatened to put one of the videos on my work twitter page if i didn't stay away from her boyfriend, obviously she thinks the affair was all down to me judging from her email which was extremely explicit. This all happened at the beginning of April, but I still want to know where I stand with this because it is killing me. I can't live my life like this not knowing if one day she will decide to act on her threats. I thought it was illegal al log into someone else's email etc. I really need some help. The whole situation is awful. Thank you.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

What would you like to know about this please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to know where i stand with this.
I am scared.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

In relation to what?

Can you ask a specific question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I need some legal advice regarding...
Hello, I need some legal advice regarding a horrible situation and very personal.I had an affair with someone, and unbeknownst to us, his girl friend had been reading every single email exchange we had between us. She logged into his email account and his facebook account. Things have ended butshe sent me an email, with attachments of extracts of our conversations, and also said that she had videos which I had sent and threatened to contact my husband plus my work, she threatened to put one of the videos on my work twitter page if i didn't stay away from her boyfriend, obviously she thinks the affair was all down to me judging from her email which was extremely explicit. This all happened at the beginning of April, but I still want to know where I stand with this because it is killing me. I can't live my life like this not knowing if one day she will decide to act on her threats. I thought it was illegal al log into someone else's email etc. I really need some help. The whole situation is awful. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i cannot speak on skype as i am at work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is what she has done illegal?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I'm here. I have read the facts.

What is your question about this?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Are you asking if she will contact your husband? Obviously i will have no way of knowing her intentions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, i want to know if what she has done i.e. reading all our emails/logging into his accounts is illegal and if she put a video on my work Twitter Page, a video which I sent to him only, what would the ramifications be, is that illegal too?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Well, it depends.

there are offences in making computers perform unauthorised actions and also if he had done it to her she would be alleging coercive control or some other twaddle she has read on the internet.

However those offences are against him not against you and he would have to complain which he wont because men never do.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do you suggest I do, I need to protect myself?