12826847

I have unfortunately been involved as a shareholder in

Customer Question

For Ben Jones
I have unfortunately been involved as a shareholder in Itonis a small NASDAQ pharmaceutical company subject to a hostile takeover by a Japanese company. I have put in a lot of money and now we are supposedly at final payout with money held in escrow accounts which was put in at start of acquisition by the buyer. However Imhave been asked to pay $291000 in US taxes for payout to be released. Is this a usual requirement or just perhaps away of extracting more money. I am very concerned and would appreciate your advice. Many thanks AMorgan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would also like to know if it is true that with a hostile takeover of a company on NASDAQ
I am not able to know who the company is being taken over by.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Phone no. Is *********** Thanks
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

How did you get involved with the company in the first place?