Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My 20 year old neice was living with her girlfriend and her

Customer Question

My 20 year old neice was living with her girlfriend and her girlfriends mother, then she came on a break with with her girlfriend to my sisters (her mums) house and rhey unfortunately split up.
My nieces girlfriends mother came to pick up her girlfriend but left all of my nieces belongings including clothes, tv, Xbox and laptop at their house and is using my nieces things including the Netflix account (until the password ***** changed by my neice) . They are refusing access to her to retrieve her stuff. How can we get this sorted? My neice needs more cloths and obviously wants her high value items back.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. If all the belongings are your niece's then they have no right to keep them as legally they are hers. In the circumstances I would suggest that a formal letter be written to them listing the items and requesting for them to be returned or an agreed time for them to be collected. You should also threaten that if the request is not met then your niece should consider an application to court which can be done to the local county court under form N1 and a £355 court fee.
I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.