13262538

My name is june my eldest son died 4 years ago he had been

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** ***** eldest son died 4 years ago he had been in care for many years the woman who he lived with has the deeds to the grave his surname was sweet but it has Williams on his grave would I have rights as his next of kin to have this deed I had put a photograph of my son on the grave and it was taken of I received his life insurance because I was his next of kin can you please help me with this would I be able to take this matter to court
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first.

Who paid for the funeral and the burial plot?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a social worker told me it was social services that paid for the funeral he said because they were very found of my son what does burial plot
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry but you have no right to the burial plot - it belongs to the person who paid for it which from what you have said would be the person who he lived with.

You can offer to purchase it from her but I am afraid that you cannot force her to do so.

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was social services that paid for it not the person who he lived with
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

IF the plot is in her name then she must have paid for it - that is how it works

Even if she did not and Social Services simply gave it to her then I am afraid you still have no right to it - I am sorry