13262538

My fiance is currently based in Cameroon and is a Cameroon

Customer Question

My fiance is currently based in Cameroon and is a Cameroon national. We are wanting to get married this year. We need advice on where and what procedure to do the wedding. I am currently based in the UK for the past five years. I am a German national, but was born in Cameroon myself, as my parents are both from there. We will prefer to do our wedding in court in the UK. Will you advice that? And if we are doing it in the UK, what process and procedure should we follow? Thanks.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Where will you live together after the marriage?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We will live in the UK. In Reading, to be more specific. I am resident in Reading.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

What income do you have - and will your fiancee be able to pass the language test?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am an IT contractor, so my income varies. At the moment i am on a monthly income of up till 7000 pounds per month, till end of August this yearYeah my fiancee will be able to pass the language test
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

May I ask why you would prefer to marry in the Uk and how long you and your fiancee have been together?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have been together for almost 2 years now. I prefer the UK, because it will help save cost. As he will be visiting in August; and i was thinking we might as well do the court wedding then. In Cameroon, culturerly one might be forced to do a big occasion which i want to avoid if possible.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Doe he have a visa for his August visit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not yet. I am not sure whether he should apply for a fiancee or visitors visa. Which brings me to this question as well
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really need advice on how to go about this overall. Thanks
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

When will you have been together for two years?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We met in October 2014 in Cameroon. In October this year we would have been together for two years
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

If he wishes to work as soon as he comes to the Uk then it will in fact be easier of you get married in Cameroon and then apply for a Spouse visa for him to come to the UK to live with you.

Alternatively he can apply for a ‘family of a settled person’ visa details here.

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/eligibility

He will then have to apply to remain in the Uk

https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/eligibility

If he wishes to work.

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details