13262538

My husband has implied he wants a divorce but hasnt put

My husband has implied he wants a divorce but hasnt put anything in place.I see no reason for a divorce,we are mearly having strained times.We have been planning a move from our rented home to live in his flat in July,I am now unsure if he wants me to go there with him.Yesterday the landlady said she was selling.I will be homeless if my husband doesnt want me to move in with him as I cannot afford a deposit on a new tenancy.What do I do?Am I legally entitled to move into his flat,even though my name is ***** ***** the mortgage ,or am I to be homeless?
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first

How long have you lived together?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
5 years,married for 2 years in July
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
hello?
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

My apologies for the delay

May I ask why you have not lived in his flat before now?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
He has been renting it out while we have lived together as my 3 children lived with us and his son part time so we needed a larger house.We decided to move there when my children all left recently and have been waiting for his tennant to leave.He leaves in a few weeks and we were going to decorate for the next month before moving in
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

What income do you each have?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am a teacher,I get 32 thousand i think a year,basically about 2 grand a month.Im not sure about his,more than me now his own business has taken off,hes self employed..has been eratic pay,so I have been the main wage earner until about a year.It sounds like I should afford my own rent but I have many outgoings,csa money and loans,no savings at all and am stretched to my limit...one of the reasons it was a good idea to move.He pays me regular weekly money for half rent and bills now,but hasnt always been able to.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
He has a very small mortgage on his flat and it should be payed off in ten years.I own nothing,except my rusty old car and my furniture.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I moved my family 4 counties to live with him in 2011,and I got a new teaching post,my children moved schools,i spent the last of my savings on a deposit and rent for new home,it was stressful times but I thought worth it.My children became unhappy,they did not like my husband in the end and left to live with their father,it broke my heart.My health took a turn for the worst last summer and I had a breakdown,diagnosed with depression.I had 6 months off work,I had to go back as we depended on my wage then and sick pay was over. When I went back it was in a post I didnt enjoy.I have found this year a struggle and it has caused arguments between us,his business has taken off,and he is never home.I get very lonely,but the promise of a new start in his flat has been the light at end of tunnel.I thought we could be more financially secure and it would give us more oppotunities to do more together.....this is all a shock now
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
He recently bought himself a 'bus' without consulting me and i found out some time later,it was £10000 which we can ill afford,especially now I pay maintenance for my daughter...it has caused financial arguments.He acuses me of being 'mental' if we row...and blames me for being ill.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
sorry,too many zeros...the bus was 1 thousand pounds
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
anyway,I just really need to know what my rights are as the leaving date on the house we rent is 23rd July and I dont know where I stand if he leaves before that date or doesnt want me to move into his flat with him
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

You will have rights to go to the new "matrimonial home" - and indeed a financial claim on it in the event of a divorce since it is the only assets avaiable for division

Please ask if you need further details

Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.