12826847

My husband was arrested in February 2016 for assault on a

Hi,my husband was arrested in February 2016 for sexual assault on a boy under the age of 16, I found this information out by accident 3 months later, he has be re-bailed until July pending CPS review. he tells me that this is a historical allegation from when he was 22 and the boy 15 my partner is now almost 40.There are many unanswered questionsam I entitled to know the details of the allegation? he wasn't honest with me about it and now I don't know if what he is telling me is the truth.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Will he not disclose it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure that I believe what he is telling me, he has moved out, and it has take me a moth just to get him to let me see his bail sheet, also i dont even know the person was 15, that's just what he is telling me. he originally said they were 16..
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

In that case, there isn't any right to know the facts of the offence at this stage. He has no duty to tell you and the police will not.

However, you could always attend court and sit in the public gallery to ascertain what the facts are. I wouldn't necessarily take the crown's case at it's highest though. Allegations of Sexual offences are often a load of nonsense.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you could just clarify what you mean by ' I wouldn't necessarily take the crown's case at it's highest though' he hasn't been charged as yet so I guess if I'm not entitled to know the facts then ill have to wait and see what the CPs decision is. I have asked him to let me speak to his solicitor, perhaps he will.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

I wouldn't necessarily believe a word of it.

You can hear their allegations in Court. I would wait for the cross examination though. That is when the truth comes out usually.

Sexual offences are very easy to allege.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok,Thank you for your help.kind regards
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No problem.

All the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.