Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

This is a "reasonable care and skill" claim relating to

This is a "reasonable care and skill" claim relating to defective sofas. The Furniture Ombudsman has already sent an independent expert who has written a court compliant report that confirms the shoddy workmanship. A letter before action has been prepared in draft form, using the templates available on the "Which" legal servixces web-site, and with initial expalnations in repect of my rights from the "Which" legal team and the Citizens Advice BUreau. I need help finalising the letter, as it is not entirely clear what speciific regulations fall under ( goods vs services; 2013 distance sellling or only consumer rights 2015?) and therefore what my remedies are and how they should be formulated in a claim. My email is***@******.***
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Can you tell me a bit about your claim? If it is a claim relating to a faulty product this would normally be a breach of the implied terms under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 S.14 - that is all goods must of reasonable quality and fit for purpose, this includes being free of minor defects. The normal remedy is repair or replacement, failing which you should receive a refund. I look forward to hearing from you with further information? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi AJ, Rather than ramble on, can I attach the letter I prepared and the 2 page expert report?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Yes please - can you attach it to this thread?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, I don't think so
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you - can you send it to***@******.*** for my attention? I will be offline for the next 45mins so please do not be concerned if you do not hear from me right away.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here is the independent report
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here is the letter. There is a blank page in front. you need to scroll down.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you. I have received this. I will review it and revert to you this afternoon. Kind regards AJ