12826847

Am currently owing my landlord £ 1030.00 pounds in rent

Customer Question

Am currently owing my landlord £ 1030.00 pounds in rent arrears. The landlord has asked me to put in writing how much I can afford to repay him on a monthly basis plus my rent of 560 pounds, which will not affect me financially. I responded with a fee of £30 pounds. having paid four monthly payments, the landlord now informs me that the fee is not enough and would require £700 pounds monthly payments. Which is more than 75% of my wages as I work in health care with a health condition. He is trying to scare me with section 8 to 10 of the housing act and court proceedings. I have agreed to pay the full rent plus 30 pounds arrears only. What are my options
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-What type of tenancy do you have?

-How many bedrooms does the property have?

-How many people live in the property and are there any children, if so how old?

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.