propertylawyer
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Property Solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
94563951

My ex partner has stopped me from see my 2 boys past couple

Hi my name is***** ex partner has stopped me from see my 2 young boys for the past couple of months. She has said that she will only allow me supervised contact with them if I can get a solicitors letter. Could you tell me roughly how much they cost. Or if any company's do them free of charge?
Thanks in advance
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi Paul

You will have to ring round a few local law firms (concentrate on one who specialise in family law) and ask. Charges can vary. Google will be the best place to start.

You may struggle to find a firm to do it for free (even though the letter may not take long to write there is a considerable amount of administration involved in opening up a file, dealing with ID formalities and other compliance checks) but you could ask if it could be done on a fixed fee. Then you will know the financial damage before proceeding.

I hope this helps.

Please accept /rate my reply.

Paul