13262538

In regards to the previous question I asked this

Customer Question

In regards ***** ***** previous question I asked this morning,please could you explain further.I have just spoken to another adviser and have been told that as the house was an asset before marriage it may not be seen as a matrimonial asset.I would have to prove that it was planned to be our matrimonial home and i would have to seek specialist advice.
Can you explain her conflicting advice and explain what i do if my husband refuses to allow me to live there.I literally will be homeless.
What do I say to my husband when he comes home tonight?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, the search facility is not showing which question this relates to - please could you confirm the background?

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

You mat recall that I asked a number of questions before i gave the answer.

I am not sure who you have spoken to but the fact that you will have no other home; that you planned to move there together and that it is the ONLY capital asset available is the reason why you will have both a financial claim and matrimonial home rights in the property.

In the event that your husband says he does not wish to move in then you can apply to the court for an occupation order since as you so clearly point out - you have nowhere else to live

I hope that this is of assistance