75100385

I have recently studied and passed the OCR Level 5 diploma

I have recently studied and passed the OCR Level 5 diploma in teaching learners with Specific learning difficulties (dyslexia). I have applied to the British Dyslexia Association for accreditation and they are happy to do so providing I complete the correct forms - I have requested that the centre where I studied ask the tutor to complete the form and they are using a lot of different excuses not to do so. The tutor has stated she can't as she has observed me teaching (she has seen 2 videos and passed them) this is a concern as I shouldn't have passed the course without this. My work and all the tutors feedback/comments etc have been externally verified.
Where do I stand because I currently feel I have paid £3500 for a worthless piece of paper as without the BDA accreditation I can't offer a tutoring service at the level I want and need.
Please could you advice as to how I should proceed.
Christine Yeomans
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello Christine my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

You need it signed off? What are they saying else needs to be done please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex,
I have been signed off and have the certificate stating the qualification.
The BDA say the the tutor who teaches the course must be a 'live AMDA' member and I am wondering if my tutor isn't and that is why they are stalling in completing the form for me.
They have now not respond to 2 emails I have sent asking for an update on the completion of the form.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Have you asked if this person is current?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have and they have not responded. If she isn't then she isn't entitled to teach the course!
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Indeed. In that case you gave to ask for a refund and damages. You can't make them give you the certificate if the teacher isn't valid.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you that is all
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex