12826847

I have been given a parking fine in a hospital which had no

Customer Question

I have been given a parking fine for parking in a hospital which had no obvious, clear or discernible signage to say no parking or ambulances only. I have challenged this point and sent photographs of the incident/place in question. But they insists the notices was clear. Although there was only two empty posts in front of the parking place with nothing on it (obviously at some point there had been a sign as is further up the line stating Ambulances Only).
Since the incident I have been back to look at the parking place in question and there is a warning sign on the wall of the building in front or the bays, but these are not obvious unless you are looking beyond the bay past the grass verge and foot path.
I have challenged this as the sign is not obvious (I also put my blue badge on display as I do whenever I park in a hospital, a car park or on the road).
My health is now effected by this continued harassment of threatening letters.
The first letter I received was a Demand for payment of an unpaid parking fine – 18/03/16
Although I sent UKPC (The original company dealing with this PCN) a letter in response to the original fine highlighting the reasons for the parking and received no reply.
I received a second threatening me with court action – 04/04/16
I then received a third one from another company threatening me with a NOTICE OF DEBT RECOVERY ASSIGNMENT –17/05/16
I responded to the last letter and cc'd it to the original company DRP (debt Recovery Plus).
I have now received a 4th letter stating that they still want a payment of £80 or they will take court action. And a copy of some letter dated 9/2/16 which was a response to my original letter which I did not received).
This barrage is making me ill.
What are my rights and could I take the hospital or DRP to court for harassing me and threatening me with debt recovery and legal action as I wholeheartedly believe I am not culpable of the charge levied at me? What are my rights what can I do?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Who is the issuer please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
UKPC (UK Parking Control LTD)
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Are you asking if you are liable?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BUT ALSO AS I DO NOT BELIEVE THE FINE WAS JUST WHAT RECOURSE DO I HAVE?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure what you mean?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WHAT IS MY COURSE OF ACTION? SHOULD I IGNORE THE PENALTY NOTICE? AND IF NOT WILL COURT ACTION FOLLOW? SHOULD I SEND ALL CORRESPONDENCE TO THE CEO OF THE HOSPITAL? AS THEY HAVE EMPLOYED THIS COMPANY TO MANAGE THEIR PARKING OR WOULD IT BE ADVISABLE TO TAKE THEM TO THE SMALL CLAIM COURT FOR THIS CONTINUED HARASSMENT WHICH IS MAKING ME ILL? (I AM SUFERING FROM SECONDARY PROGRESSIVE MS). HOW WORRIED SHOULD I BE? DOES THE COMPANY IN QUESTION (UKPC) HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO FINE ME AND TAKE ME TO COURT?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Are you prepared to go to court if they sue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BECAUSE I DO NOT BELIEVE THE SIGNAGE WAS OBVIOUS AND THE FINE WAS JUST.
HOWEVER, I COULD NOT AFFORD LEGAL SUPPORT. THAT IS WHY I AM ASKING YOUR ADVICE.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ARE YOU STILL THERE?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HELLO, I'VE HEARD NOTHING SINCE 7.35 IT IS NOW 9.07. HAVE YOU ABANDONED THE CALL?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HELLO, I HAVE HAD NO RESPONSE FOR ALMOST TWO HOURS. AT 9.35 (PM) I WILL SUBMIT MY RATING AND CLOSE TO GO TO BED. I DO NOT BELIEVE I RECIEVED ANY ADVICE OR HAD ANY QUESTIONS ANSWERED. I HAVE ONLY ANSWERED ALL YOUR GIVEN QUESTIONS, WITH NO USEFUL RESPONSE.