Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My husband died & I have 1 son everything will go to m

Customer Question

My husband died & I have 1 son everything will go to him apart from requests for friends & God children etc
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-Are you in England or Wales?

-Did your husband leave a valid will?

-What is the value of his estate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do live in England, my husband did not leave / have a will, so mortgage free flat ( now in Knitsbridge with value of approx 1.5 mill, wholly mine. All was very strait forward as was married. Son is a soldier abroad now but domicile in England..
HUGE THANKS IN ADVANCE Valerie *****
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you - please confirm what the exact issue you need assistance with is? Please also confirm if the property you refer to was held as joint tenants between you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My request is very straightforward, all I need is to be pointed in the direction of the best way to write a will, can I do it through you?Valerie
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming. He is a straightforward guide to will writing and ensuring a will is legal: https://www.gov.uk/make-will/overview

You can prepare a will yourself, however, given the potential consequences of making a small mistake that would impact the will, it is always recommended to spend a few hundred pounds to instruct a solicitor in your local area to prepare and formalise the will. You can find local solicitors here:http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/ and select Area of Practice: Private Client - Wills

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.