propertylawyer
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Property Solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
94563951

I woyid like to buy a house in Nottingham what should I do?

Customer Question

Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.

The first thing you should do is to check finances. Do you need a mortgage, if yes the you need to see whether or not you can get one. Speak to a financial advisor / mortgage broker.

Once you have your finances sorted you will know your budget and can start looking for a property.

If you find a property you like and your offer is accepted you will need to appoint a solicitor to do the conveyancing for you.

It can generally take between 4 to 8 weeks to complete.

On exchange you will pay a deposit and be contractually bound. Before this stage you can withdraw. On completion your solicitor will pay any Sdlt due (you can calculate this on HMRC's website, it is based on the purchase price) and register you as the new owner at the land registry.

I hope this helps. Do let me know if you have any further questions or queries in respect of my answer. Please remember to accept /rate my reply.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I assume that this is a follow on from the other question

It would be better to keep it on one thread.

The starting point is to contact Estate Agents and ask for details of properties

A web site such as

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/

Can help you identify suitable properties.

However you must factor in a visit to the area so that you can physically look at the houses and check the area.

One thing to consider is what the local schools are like and that can be done here

https://www.gov.uk/find-school-in-england

I hope that this is of assistance

I hope my answer was helpful. do let me know if you have any further questions or queries. I am happy to assist you further.

If not, then please accept /rate my reply.

Good luck

Then go direct to the regulator. If your solicitor is not responding and progressing your matter then you recourse is with the regulator. My suggestion would be to call the regulator or the legal services ombudsman.

Ombudsman - 0300(###) ###-####/p>

SRA -***@******.*** or complete an online form on the website, SRA.org.uk > report a solicitor scroll down to how to report a solicitor or firm.

Sorry that you find my response unhelpful - however those are your options - complain/report/change firm.

Apologies. I note that a reply to another question has been sent to you in error.

Do let me know if I can assist further with your question.