75100385

We are an accountants company and recently had a conflict

Hello, we are an accountants company and recently had a conflict with one of customers. She refused to register for VAT when we informed her that her turnover is over the threshold. She pushed us to change accounts not showing so high turnover. We cancelled our service contract with this customer and reported this situation to tax evasion office online. Two days ago, someone (did not present himself) called to our office and told that as we tried to ruin customers company and they will report to police. Can I ask, how I should react on this kind of pressure?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

I assume you have evidence she was over the threshold please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello,of course we have-we have been doing he paper work for last year, all documents for that she was sending by email. So even if she tries to hide some of invoices-we have all list of them and bank statements showing that we are right
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You don't need to worry, the police won't do anything, this is purely a civil matter.

If what you are saying is true then even as a civil matter it won't go anywhere. She would have to prove what you said was untrue and defamatory.

So don't worry about this at all. Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/