12826847

I worked part time in 2015 short time and was not informed

Customer Question

I worked part time in 2015 for a short time and was not informed until a month later that my insurance stamp was not being credited by my employer because I was not working enough hours. I am out of work now and Jobseekers are telling me I do not qualify for job seekers allowance because of insufficient National Insurance payments. I was ignorant to this rule at the time and now I am being penalised. I registered with the Leominster job centre plus in February 2016 and to date I have not received A SINGLE PAYEMENT I do not think this is fair can you please tell me how I stand legally and what my next move is ?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

How long had you worked on a part time basis for?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello Ben, thank you for your help. I worked part time for about two months, it was a stop gap between full time employment.
I was working for two days a week at eight hours per day.

Hi there, thanks for replying. I have looked into your query in more detail but unfortunately it is not something I can assist with as it is a benefits query which is not my area of law. I will therefore ‘opt out’ and a colleague better placed to deal with the nature of your query should hopefully pick this up soon. Please do not reply in the meantime as that will just assign the question back to me and you will experience a delay. Thank you

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 5 months ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Nicola, Thank you for your kind reply, and No, I don't mind waiting for the right person, I've been waiting to sort this issue out since February so please take your time and get the right advise.Many thanks
Ian
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello Nicola, I was just looking for an update regarding my Jobseekers claim query. If your still trying to source an appropriate professional to assist me please let me know. I'm prepared to wait but I would appreciate confirmation that your still looking.Many thanks and kind regards
Ian Corsellis
Yes, we are still looking for a Professional to assist you. I apologise that we have not done so so far!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That's okay Nicola, thanks for your efforts so far
I'm sure you will find the fight person.Regards
Ian
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Good Morning Nicola,I have just checked my emails and can not see a response from you, It has been a week since we last corresponded
and I have received more written confirmation that the DWP have not changed there decision but I do have the right
to appeal so I would be very grateful if you would update me with your progress ASAP as this issue has now become
a matter of high importance.Please advise as soon as possibleKind Regards
Ian Corsellis
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Nicola, If I close will I be refunded since you have done nothing for me ?Kind Regards
Ian
Hello Ian,
Yes, we offer a full refund if you are not satisfied - please confirm if you would like me to process this for you.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Nicola, it's a shame you can not help with my dilemma, I am now taking my problem to a tribunal who will be looking into it, so yes please a full refund would be very much appreciated. Could you please advise me when it goes back into my bank account.Many thanks
Ian Corsellis