75100385

I moved flat mid july 2015, 1 week later i drove in a bus

Customer Question

i moved flat mid july 2015, 1 week later i drove in a bus lane and a penalty charge was issued. Due to a lag in the address changing process, the penalty charge was sent to the old address and i never received it. I only found out about the whole situation about 1 week ago when a bailiff called me asking for payment of £512.
I have since called the council and explained the situation, they gave me the details of the PCN and explained that it has already been to court. I called the court, they sent me PE2 and PE3 forms. I have filled them out and returned them.
I called the bailiff and explained what ive done, they made a note of it but informed me that if i didnt pay then they would need to pass it on to the enforcer.
My question is, should i just pay the penalty of £512 now, or wait to see if the PE2 and PE3 are successful? i dont think i should have to pay £512, as i didnt know the original penalty even existed.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Brendan
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Just to be clear you have only just found out about this Brendan?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi alex, thank you for your reply.
my number is *****
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

i will call in the next 15 mins. Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thank you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Calling now. Alex