75100385

My next door neighbour is extending s kitchen.During

My next door neighbour is extending his kitchen.During excavation of the floor he unearthed a water pipe which was leaking slightly and it was found to be my mains water feed.His plumber promptly cut the pipe,told me I no longer had water,and refused to repair same.We were without water for 38 hours until Yorkshire Water plumbed us into a temporary supply through the garage tap.We now have water to every tap except the kitchen which also includes the dish washer and the washing machine.It is almost certain that the kitchen is plumbed seperately into the now obsolete pipe and they have now concreted their floor thus stopping any remedial work being carried out.It appears that our kitchen will have to be replumbed at great cost.Has he done anything illegal and should he bear all costs?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Do you know the cost of putting alll this right please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not at this time.Still awaiting confirmation of exactly what might have to be done in the Kitchen
to get supply fixed.It is also looking like we might have to cancel our holiday next weekend and lose that money.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok - in short it is HIS responsibility to fix it. He broke it - you didnt. I dont think its illegal to cut the supply unless this was done on purpose to deprive you of water.

But legally they have to make good the problems and issues