75100385

It is being alleged that my brother attempted to import

Customer Question

It is being alleged that my brother attempted to import 70grams of cocaine from venulzuela by way of post using Fed ex , the account police made in interview to which my brother went no comment is that he was in mobile phone contact with the intended recipient of the cocaine which was destined to arrive at his address in Oct 2015, it turns out the intended recipient was abroad at the time , he was arrested and bailed in December when he returned from Iraq he has denied all knowledge of knowing about the cocaine. He is still on bail along with myself although I have been informed he may have gone abroad.
My brother was arrested in April around 5 mobile phones and a number of memory cards were seized along with a trace of white powder in a bit of
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Plastic he was also arrested for suspicion of importation and possession of cocaine as it was a alleged the trace of powder was cocaine , we know for a fact the powder is not cocaine or any other drug ,he answered no comment for the full interview during which they implied that he was in contact with the co accused by way of text and calls insinuating two texts fro July recovered from his phone mentioning a letter and the other a parcel were referring to drugs , they mentioned imei number of calls made to the co accused , we know none of the phones recovered imei numbers will correspond with the one they have obtained from the phone company, also the phone number they are referring to is registered to another person not my brother, it is a contract deal. They referred to a number of calls even though they were missed calls and not answered. The the number was stored in the co accused phone under the name Steve which is not my brother's name but is similar. They claim they had the number attributed to my brother this is why they persued him they have bailed him recently for the second time along with the co accused they say they have not yet checked the phones they seized. My brother has previous for drugs but not for importing.The cocaine was addressed to the co accused in not his name but a completely different name ,he has not implicated my brother only to say that he had helped him out before by lending him money .As previously mentioned I have been informed he may have decided to skip bail and leave the country.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What would you like to know about this please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I requested a phone call by mistake , when will my question be answered ? , the payment has cleared.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You have not accepted phone call, just paid the deposit for the question.

I think I asked what would you like to know about this specifically please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to know whether my brother has anything to worry about with regard to all points i have detailed in depth , how long is it going to take for an answer ? I would like all points addressed.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

So having read above there is no direct link to the co accused? Bearing in mind it's 1130pm it may be tomorrow when I respond

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok , I will await a response tomorrow.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I have given this some thought as you can probably tell by the time it has taken me to respond.

Evidence to take someone to Court can be actual or circumstantial. In this case there is no actual evidence only circumstantial which is harder to build a case. As such given what has been paid there is no one thing that can point to him - its all a bit thin.

This is because there are some things that indicate he may have been involved, but thats it. Is it enough for a conviction - from what you have said I dont think so.

But that does not mean they wont charge him, they can do and may do. But will they be successful at trial in getting a conviction - I dont think so.

ALex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you clarify the implications of the co accused having seemingly skipped borders
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

That has no implication for your brother. He would need to be shown he is involved.

Does that clarify? Alex