12826847

32 years I got a conviction and fraud (one court appearance)

Customer Question

Hi. 32 years I got a conviction for theft and fraud (one court appearance) and two convictions. I was 19 years old and had stupidly used a credit card. Since then I have no convictions. I am a regulated broker and had thought as I only have one conviction this would not appear in a DBS check. However it has and I need now to disclose to my employer for whom I have successfully worked for 7 years. I had ticked no to having spent and unspent convictions in a form last year which my employer sent out as a mistakenly believed my conviction (or convictions as it now turns out) were protected. Can you advise what to do as I think I could lose my role and am very distressed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was 32 years ago....the convictions and I had stolen a credit card.(just to clarify)- I was given a conditional discharge. I have never had a DBS check before now and have worked for my employer (actually I am self employed but work under a large intermediary that is responsible for my compliance). If it is possible that someone could ring me on 079666 39066 that would be helpful
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Is the post an exempted one from the rehabilitation of offenders act?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a regulated broker
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank u!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi- I have already paid £56....is this enough to have a written answer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
confused re what I have paid for!! I thought I got an answer for £56....would you mind to clarify?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alex- are you sending me an answer? :-(