75100385

I have received a letter from a company called bwlegal

I have received a letter from a company called bwlegal claing £154 for not paying a parking fee. I purchesed a ticket but it had the wrong registration number on it because i couldnt see the figures on the pay machine it was dark and raining. I have appealed and they turned it down now i am a few months on and it appears they may take it to county court what should i do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The parking company is excel parking at cavendish street keighley west yorks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What is it you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to know if i should pay £154 or ignore it i have spoken to the legal firm and told them the circumstance if they could just check the false registration at that time it would not match any other car on the night in quedtion it wss very quiet and no one else around
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Did you get an original ticket? Why did you not pay?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did pay but could not see the letters the pay machine i explained this to them in my appeal and asked them to check their records at the time of me arriving for a registrayion that doesnt match any photograph but obviously they havent done this so i refuded to pay
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok, what about the original penalty ticket, did you get that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
for £60 i think which i appealed against and it was turned down and in the letter it ssid not to contact them in future lt would be dealt with someone else
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok, its bad news I am afraid, you are liable. If you refuse to pay and the matter goes to court you are likely to lose.

It is your responsibility to make sure that the ticket has the correct registration number on it. I understand what you are saying about it being dark, but you could have checked the ticket before it was placed on your windscreen.

Based on what you have said, sadly if it goes to court you are likely to lose and incur more costs. These tickets are enforceable as per a recent ruling with Parking Eye in the Supreme Court.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok ill pay it thanks