75100385

I was stopped (radar gun) on the 25/11/2015 and the officer

I was stopped for speeding (radar gun) on the 25/11/2015 and the officer took my details and I signed the documentation at the time. I didn't hear anything else of it but I have just received a Single Justice Procedure Notice dated 31/05/2016.
Is there a time limit for this to be sent to me?, I understood 6 months. All address details on the form were correct and no misinformation given.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What is the date of the information on the form? It should have this, not the offence date, but date of information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex,The form has a posted date of 31/05/2106The offence was on 25/11/2015The statement sheet which has been completed by the officer is signed and dated 25/11/2015.I can't see any other dates within the notice.Thanks,Stuart
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The charge sheet has a date of 16/05/2106 and been signed by the Prosecutions Manager
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If it has been signed by the prosecutions manager on 16/5/16 then it's within time. It's the date of information signed which counts.

If the offence date was 25/11/15 then it's within time. It's the date of information not when it was posted.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** by this though. If the signature is 16/05/16 but was not posted until 31/05/16 then that falls outside of 6 months. The length of process is inclusive of final postage surely, not when a Magistrate within the process signs?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

It does not matter when it was posted. It is the date it was signed. That is the important date.

Not the date it was posted but date signed. The post date is not included.

I am sorry. Does that clarify? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex