propertylawyer
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Property Solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
94563951

Transfer of property to avoid court costs

transfer of property to avoid court costs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Me and wife have joint ownership of our house which we are planning to transfer to our daughter. We planned this before civil liability case was filed against me. How can prove that the property transfer was not intended to cause loss to the other party who started civil liability case and still go ahead with the transfer.
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi Badr

Thanks for your question.

Are you transferring the property at market value or less (I.e nominal or no consideration?

Transactions at at undervalue may be set aside even in circumstances when the transferor is not insolvent / bankrupt. Therefore the claimant in the litigation case against you could apply to the court.

I hope this helps. Do let me know if you have any queries in respect of my answer.

Please accept /rate my reply.

Paul

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Transfer is free of value