75100385

In May 2016 I purchased a VIP Dinning subscription "Gurkha

Good morning,
In May 2016 I purchased a VIP Dinning subscription for any "Gurkha Chautari" Restaurant.
Last night my wife and I dined at the local "Ghurka" and on presentation we presented our card which entitled us to one free main meal. The manager refused to accept the card saying it was not valid on weekends. I pointed out to him that the pamphlet attached to the card, which has the address and name of the restaurant on, clearly states that the card has" unlimited use 7 days a week". he still refused saying he would get the card cancelled and our subscription refunded. The terms of the card state that the card is non-refundable.
We met all conditions eg. pre- booking. What recourse do I have of claiming money back from the restaurant albeit a small amount of£9.95. It is the principle invoved as people should honour their commitments.
Regards.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

On what basis did they refuse please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He stated that the card is not valid on the weekend
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Just to be clear there are no terms and conditions that say to the contrary?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the VIP Dinning Card it says " Restrictions May Apply". I went to their website but they do not list any restrictions nor does the attached pamphlet from the restaurant. Incidently there is also a bonus offer for desert which we did not claim even though we had desert.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Then you need to get a solicitor to write and ask that they honour it or say you will go to court.

If they refuse then you can issue proceedings using form n1

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n001-eng.pdf

The court will list the matter down and decide whether to make an order compelling them to honour it. If the court does make an order and they refuse, this could be contempt of court which they can be warned, fined or sent to prison.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that's all. Thank you very much.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex