Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Our daughter has had an offer accepted on a cottage with a

Our daughter has had an offer accepted on a cottage with a tenant. She was told they are reluctant to leave. The estate agent said it would be vacant possession when the property is sold. What is the legal position please?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi, as the Seller is confirming that the property is sold with vacant possession, the Sale Contract will confirm this and which therefore means that the Tenant will have to have moved out by completion. The Seller would be in breach of Contract if this did not happen, so the only question your daughter needs to ask is- how quickly will the Tenant be leaving? If I have answered your question, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer. Kind Regards Al