12826847

I purchased 2 fabric sofas from Sofas and Stuff in August

Customer Question

I purchased 2 fabric sofas from Sofas and Stuff in August 2013. One of the sofas has worn to the point of the fabric tearing. I have reported the problem to the company, they arranged for an independent sofa technician to look at the sofa and if found not to be a manufacturing fault I would have to pay £80 for the call out. The technician said there was no fault of the manufacturers and therefore I have been charged.
On the basis that I am a somewhat middle aged lady who lives alone and most of the time the sofas are covered with throws as I have 2 small dogs, I maintain that, although there is no manufacturer's fault, the fabric is more suited to curtains and cushions and is not durable enough for a sofa. Sofas and Stuff say that the fabric has withstood an 18,000 rub test but I really feel that a sofa which cost the better part of £1000 should not have worn through after less than 3 years of very light use. The fabric is clearly not fit for purpose but I don't know what my rights are here.
Regards ***** *****
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello Leonora my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Is it still under warranty please? Alex