Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My sister died on the 22/5 and we received initial post

my sister died on the 22/5 and we received initial post mortem - brain aneurism , she has been buried now but family members are reflecting on the night before 21st when her son ( 18) said she had a fall and her husband ran upstairs alarmed as though she had died. He and her son ran down picked her up and she then seemed ok , they left went out for a walk and then she went up to bed and in morning they found her dead.
Knowing that there was this history of violence and neglect we do not know whether foul play and indeed negligence . why didn't they call doctor on her fall?
Did they inform police in the morning she had fallen the night before?
What is the process now bearing in mind the fact she is buried? Should we await full coroners report or call with the information we know now? Are we implicated if we don't reveal what her son has told us?
Any advice as to what we should do please?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming. I highly doubt you will be implicated for anything. Given that the post-mortem has taken place, she has been buried and the coroner has indicated cause of death then from their end the matter has concluded, however, if they are provided with further information - such as the history of violence, then they will consider whether there are grounds to reopen the matter and undertake an inquest.

I would suggest that you contact the coroner to report the history and they will be able to advise whether they have ground to pursue an inquest.

If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you