75100385

I live in a grouped block of flats with a residents parking

Hi, I live in a grouped block of flats with a residents parking area and it is controlled by a private firm. My wife's parking pass fell out the window and she got a ticket for £100. Is there any way to appeal this? Have tried before however they denied any appeal when we tried through their internal appeals procedure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What I really want to know is the laws and how they apply in this situation, it's bad enough being fined once for parking in our own car park but twice is ridiculous.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Are they a member of any professional body please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All I can see is that they are an accredited IPC Operator.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 the owner is liable for any fines. Sadly these fines can be enforced because of a recent Parking Eye case in the Supreme Court. But if the permit is not showing then sadly your wife is liable.

She can try appealing to the IPC Regulator - they can consider further action.

But if that is not successful then sadly she does have to pay, they are valid in law.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that's all.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex