13262538

I am a co-executor to my deceased mothers estate, and have

I am a co-executor to my deceased mothers estate, and have been continually refused access to receipts for moneys taken out of an account. P.O.A was granted to the other co-exec for my mothers finances whilst still alive. It is my understanding that receipts and accounts should be kept under that arrangement? Grant of probate has now been granted after 18 months! Despite my numerous requests for this information I was brushed off!
Options please..
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How much has gone from the account that is not accountable for as necessary spending

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Clare,
You asked how much has gone from the account that is not accountable. The simple answer to that is I have no idea!
The reason for this is whilst under the P.O.A it was made clear to me in no uncertain terms that it was nothing to do with me!
What I can tell you is that as from the 14/07/14 ( this is the date my late mother was admitted to hospital) a balance of 15 thousand pounds and as of 05/12/14 (my mother passed away on the 11/12/14) a balance of 6 thousand.So a period of 5 months 9 thousand pounds spent?
After just over a year of asking I was provided with bank statements, numerous/varied amounts were withdrawn ranging from just over a thousand pounds to smaller amounts on shopping trips to TK max/ Debenhams etc etc.As far as I'm concerned none of it is accountable as I have never seen a single receipt despite my requests! after finally receiving the bank statements obviously they were useless as I could not check/cross reference any amounts withdrawn as no receipts were forthcoming! so my question was how on earth am I suppose to take seriously my responsibility as a co-exec when information i'm legally entitled too was deliberately withheld?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Your mother was in hospital that entire time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She was hospitalised for approximately 6 weeks then put in a care home for the remainder.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

So could not have indulged in shopping trips?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's correct, my sister (co --exec) applied for P. O. A when my mother was placed in the care Home She states that clothes etc were bought
I never saw my mother with all these new wonderful clothes, I visited every week.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

What you are talking about is potentially criminal fraud.

As a starting point you should report the matter to the Office of the Public Guardian

https://www.gov.uk/report-concern-about-attorney-deputy

If they cannot deal with the matter then you need to report it to the police.

You may also wish to consider applying to have her removed as Executor on the grounds of her failure to give a proper accounting of her actions.

Please ask if you need further details