How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask propertylawyer Your Own Question

propertylawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 277
Experience:  Property Solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
Type Your Law Question Here...
propertylawyer is online now

I have a problem with a Solicitor who should be acting on

Customer Question

I have a problem with a Solicitor who should be acting on our behalf but is avoiding contact having made several promises to call on my wife and I. We have a debt with Landsbanki due to a failed system (SITRA) and he is suposed to be negoitiating a settlement but I honest believe he has an alterior motive for not co-operating.
I am 80 years old and my wife is 78. This is making us Ill with worry.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need you to accept my email address as '*****@******.***' not '***@******.***'
as just registered with you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my normal email address was not accepted when I first came on to your site so I gave my wifes email. I wwould prefer you to accept my address. I do not know why it shoukd have said that my address was already in use as I have never been to your site before
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.


Thanks for your question. I hope I can assist.

I am sorry to hear of your problem.

In the first instance I would suggest that you make a formal complaint to the firm's senior partner. You need to state that the solicitor is not communicating with you and you are unaware of the progress of your matter. Ask for an update within a specified time. State that any failure to respond within the time period will result in an immediate complaint being lodged with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

No solicitor wants to be referred to the regulator. Hopefully this will be sufficient to progress your matter.

If you have lost confidence in the solicitor acting you can ask the senior partner when raising the complaint to transfer the file to another solicitor.

Another option would be to dis-instruct the firm but then you need to have another solicitor lined up to transfer the file to. Your current firm will not release your file until you have paid fees up to date.

I hope the above helps and makes you aware of your options.

Do let me know if you have any queries in respect of my answer.

Please can I ask you to rate/accept my answer.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Solicitor acting for us is the Senior Partner. He owns the company.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry but I do not find your answer very helpful
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the additional information. Sorry that you find my response unhelpful but those are your options - complain>report>change firm.

Try calling the legal services ombudsman 0300(###) ###-####/p>

Or the SRA 0370(###) ###-####/p>

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Previous | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice

Related Law Questions