propertylawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Property Solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.

I have a problem with a Solicitor who should be acting on

Customer Question

I have a problem with a Solicitor who should be acting on our behalf but is avoiding contact having made several promises to call on my wife and I. We have a debt with Landsbanki due to a failed system (SITRA) and he is suposed to be negoitiating a settlement but I honest believe he has an alterior motive for not co-operating.
I am 80 years old and my wife is 78. This is making us Ill with worry.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I need you to accept my email address as '*****@******.***' not '***@******.***'
as just registered with you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
my normal email address was not accepted when I first came on to your site so I gave my wifes email. I wwould prefer you to accept my address. I do not know why it shoukd have said that my address was already in use as I have never been to your site before
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for your question. I hope I can assist.

I am sorry to hear of your problem.

In the first instance I would suggest that you make a formal complaint to the firm's senior partner. You need to state that the solicitor is not communicating with you and you are unaware of the progress of your matter. Ask for an update within a specified time. State that any failure to respond within the time period will result in an immediate complaint being lodged with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

No solicitor wants to be referred to the regulator. Hopefully this will be sufficient to progress your matter.

If you have lost confidence in the solicitor acting you can ask the senior partner when raising the complaint to transfer the file to another solicitor.

Another option would be to dis-instruct the firm but then you need to have another solicitor lined up to transfer the file to. Your current firm will not release your file until you have paid fees up to date.

I hope the above helps and makes you aware of your options.

Do let me know if you have any queries in respect of my answer.

Please can I ask you to rate/accept my answer.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The Solicitor acting for us is the Senior Partner. He owns the company.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am sorry but I do not find your answer very helpful

Thanks for the additional information. Sorry that you find my response unhelpful but those are your options - complain>report>change firm.

Try calling the legal services ombudsman 0300(###) ###-####/p>

Or the SRA 0370(###) ###-####/p>