75100385

I recently moved out of a property, and had an inventory

Customer Question

Hi all
I recently moved out of a property, and had an inventory done.
I have been smoking in the bathroom - which as a result shown walls as yellow in colour, and I agreed to have the amount deducted from my deposit.
Had a checkout report done, which states the issues, and it clearly states the paint in the main studio room shows signs of normal wear and tear:
"The wear and tear to the décor in the main studio room is considered to be within
reasonable expectations according to the length of the tenancy and the original
condition. However, the walls and the ceiling in the shower room (which were
originally white – as noted in the inventory and as seen in the inventory photographs)
are now heavily yellowed and discoloured in appearance, characteristic of the effect of
cigarette smoke. The room is now very shabby in appearance and requires
redecoration of the ceiling, walls and the woodwork. "
However, the landlords wants to charge for cleaning nicotine in the main room - as "evidence" an undated picture has been sent, taken after the inventory has been made and a few weeks after I moved out.
I raised a dispute with the deposit scheme, however, the landlord does not want to mediate and threatened to take me to small courts for an unpaid invoice.
Should I proceed with paying the invoice that charges for a room that had no issues (as stated in the checkout report) or should I proceed with going to small claims court?
Flaviu
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

How much is being claimed please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi AlexThe amount claimed is 1200 GBP. Please let me know if I should supply more details.Thank you
Flaviu
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My phone number is:
07402 077 161
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Calling now. Alex