12826847

My son was stopped in December last year light out. when

Customer Question

Hi my son was stopped in December last year for a light out. when approached by the officer, he was asked why do you think I stopped you? and he immediately said for having no insurance.
He had taken my car to go to the shops for me, I was ill at the time and needed medicine,
as his car was out of miles ( He had a black box fitted with 5000 miles limit, which he had nearly reached and didn't what to risk losing his insurance.
obviously he had a fixed penalty notice issued, the police officer at the time said she had never know someone to own up to something before even been accused.
My question is: the notice came out 1st June 2016, will the points system be back dated to December? at the time he had only been driving 18 months giving him 6points only wich would mean a ban.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

When was he stopped?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
21 December 2015
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Points run from the date of the offence I'm afraid.

The date of conviction or sentence are not considered. The issue is the date of the offence.

I am sorry but that will mean revocation although not a ban. He would just have to take his test again.