12826847

The SSH Security System contacted me on 10 June 2014 with a

Customer Question

The SSH Security System contacted me on 10 June 2014 with a good deal of house security and a Mark Gilham came to our house and persuaded us to buy a 10 year for police call out,fire call out and emergency call out,after a few moths they went bust,I had paid for a 10 year monitoring service etc £5527.36.Rancome have apparently now taken over the defunct firm and demanded nearly £1000 to change the system,saying that it will not be monitored if we do not pay.So in effect what we paid for has been a a waste of money and we didn't even know that SSH Security were in any trouble .
The chap who came to see us, whose name was Martin Right who sounded Autralian,was adamant that we have to pay another almost £1000 and because we said NO we have paid enough was rude and acussed me of being rude and said that every thing will stop i.e. all monitring will stop and walked out from the house. He took advantage of the fact my husband was out of the living room taking a long distance call from Canada. He did not have the guts to react the way he did in the presence of my husband , even though we told him that we were pensioners.
Please advice what rights have we got in these circumstances.
Sandra J Sheriff (Mrs.)
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Please can you tell me what the ideal outcome would be for you in this situation.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Also, thank you for your request for a phone call. I am unable to talk at the moment but if you provide the information requested, I will review the relevant information and laws and get back to you as soon as I can. Please do not respond to this message after you have provided the information as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please get in touch by phone as soon as possible . Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello unfortunately I cannot call this evening so please respond to my initial query on here and we will have to continue online, thank you