75100385

My cousin had operation compression 6 weeks ago. Supposed to

Customer Question

My cousin had operation for spinal compression 6 weeks ago. Supposed to be routine with overnight stay. After six weeks she is still unable to walk. Operation was carried out in Private hospital under contract to NHS. Each day she was given physio plus neuro physio twice per week. She was transferred to large NHS neuro rehab unit 10 days ago having been told she would receive specialist care. Until today she had not received any physio whatsoever - various excuses- they sent her for x Ray- by ambulance 109yds- whic nurse could have taken her in wheelchair for sore foot last Tuesday- was told she could not have physio until results come back which would be 10 days. Eventually she complained and demanded to see surgeon who had carried out op- head of hospital apologised saying shortage of physios.
. Surgeon at her request said he would attempt to get her back to private hospital to resume treatment. Matron called her and said she could not return they could not support her and if she left where she is she would have no support.
Me. Being cynical " she is damaged goods no one wants to get involved and finance people have worked out cost to NHS of her being in private and have put pressure on matron not to have her back. Bot***** *****ne she is not responsible for her current state- it will have to go to litigation as she may need long term caters and her house adapted. She was progressing well putting in hard work to encourage strength in her pelvis and feet. My question is can we insist or take out court order to insist she has daily physio and any other rehabilitation she needs?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What you are seeking is an injunction to make them carry out the work, is that correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to be assured that she does not in a low emotional situation accept their We will try to give you more physio and little happens. I believe she was doing so well and had manAged with frame to walk 50 steps. Unless that momentum is retained the brain will not regain pathways.
I
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not need phone discussion. I need some clear answers as I need to send your response to my cousin to enable her to consider and discuss with her husband.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a number we can chat on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No -As I have now resolved the situation I will seek a refund.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Sure Alex