F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

I got incorrect date of birth on immigration record which I

Customer Question

I got incorrect date of birth on immigration record which I would like to change to a correct one
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My phone number is *****
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello, you said you going to reply me within 10 or less but you never reply
Expert:  F E Smith replied 5 months ago.

Could you explain your situation in a little more detail please and what it is that you want to know about this?

I am happy to telephone you with you wish but there is an extra cost which I will submit a premium service proposal.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Years back my ex-partner fill a form and he use incorrect date of birth this incorrect date of birth has been on immigration record, which I would like to change to correct one

Thank you. Do you have a birth certificate which shows the correct date of birth?

Has this caused any problems for you?

Have you raise the issue with UK Visas & Immigration?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have birth certificate which shows the correct date birth. No I have no raise the issue with immiration,

What do you have? BRP? ILR? What doc do you want to amend? Thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Leave to remain
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Date of birth on leave to remain card
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Which is on immigration record

This is not actually the correct webpage but it has links to the forms that you need.

https://www.gov.uk/transfer-visa

if you have indefinite leave to remain, complete form NTL. If you have leave to remain complete form TOC.

However, in both cases you need to supply a covering letter explaining exactly what’s gone wrong and why the date of birth is wrong and also include the original date of birth certificate. It is a valuable document and therefore make sure that you send this by Royal Mail Special Delivery. Also make sure that you keep a copy safe.

Can I clarify anything for you? Please do not forget to rate the service positive. It’s an important part of the process by which experts get paid. We can still exchange emails.

Best wishes.

FES

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I check the page there in know where says how to change your date of birth, can you help me do this

You just fill the document in with your correct date of birth.

Notification that this is a correction goes in the covering letter.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have BRP
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have already got BRP

what is the point that you are making?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What I mean is that I already apply for BRP on it leave to remain was issued but the date of birth that was on it was incorrect so if can help me to contact immigration inorder to correct it to correct date of birth.

I can see now why the solicitor is insisting that you have a valuation done. He is covering his back to prevent any allegation in the future that he has been negligent in failing to advise you in respect of the cost if you are paying double what the landlord is actually allowed to charge you.

It’s not a case of giving permission for the lease extension, he has to extend it. You have a statutory right.

If the solicitor doesn’t deal with lease extensions, find another one.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have already got BRP but date of birth which it was issued is incorrect
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello I have not hear from you

I apologise, the previous post is from a different thread.

What you do is make the same application again with the correct date of birth but put a covering letter explaining why the correction and enclose the original birth certificate.

Because a person only has one birthday, there is no standard form for someone to apply to change date of birth. You are expected to do it correctly in the first place. Hence, you fill the same form in again that you filled in before but send it with the covering letter.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can you do this for please
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can you do this for me please

Is not a service that we would be able to provide for you. It is simply a case of completing the form and sending it along with a covering letter and the original birth certificate. It’s a straightforward process and there is no point in involving a solicitor who would charge £200 per hour for dealing with something that you could easily do yourself.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks Smith

I’m glad to help you. If you could rate the service positive using the rating system, that would really help me.