F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

I got incorrect date of birth on immigration record which I

Customer Question

I got incorrect date of birth on immigration record which I would like to change to a correct one
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My phone number is *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, you said you going to reply me within 10 or less but you never reply
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

Could you explain your situation in a little more detail please and what it is that you want to know about this?

I am happy to telephone you with you wish but there is an extra cost which I will submit a premium service proposal.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Years back my ex-partner fill a form and he use incorrect date of birth this incorrect date of birth has been on immigration record, which I would like to change to correct one
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Do you have a birth certificate which shows the correct date of birth?

Has this caused any problems for you?

Have you raise the issue with UK Visas & Immigration?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have birth certificate which shows the correct date birth. No I have no raise the issue with immiration,
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

What do you have? BRP? ILR? What doc do you want to amend? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Leave to remain
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Date of birth on leave to remain card
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which is on immigration record
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

This is not actually the correct webpage but it has links to the forms that you need.

https://www.gov.uk/transfer-visa

if you have indefinite leave to remain, complete form NTL. If you have leave to remain complete form TOC.

However, in both cases you need to supply a covering letter explaining exactly what’s gone wrong and why the date of birth is wrong and also include the original date of birth certificate. It is a valuable document and therefore make sure that you send this by Royal Mail Special Delivery. Also make sure that you keep a copy safe.

Can I clarify anything for you? Please do not forget to rate the service positive. It’s an important part of the process by which experts get paid. We can still exchange emails.

Best wishes.

FES

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I check the page there in know where says how to change your date of birth, can you help me do this
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

You just fill the document in with your correct date of birth.

Notification that this is a correction goes in the covering letter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have BRP
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already got BRP
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

what is the point that you are making?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What I mean is that I already apply for BRP on it leave to remain was issued but the date of birth that was on it was incorrect so if can help me to contact immigration inorder to correct it to correct date of birth.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

I can see now why the solicitor is insisting that you have a valuation done. He is covering his back to prevent any allegation in the future that he has been negligent in failing to advise you in respect of the cost if you are paying double what the landlord is actually allowed to charge you.

It’s not a case of giving permission for the lease extension, he has to extend it. You have a statutory right.

If the solicitor doesn’t deal with lease extensions, find another one.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already got BRP but date of birth which it was issued is incorrect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello I have not hear from you
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

I apologise, the previous post is from a different thread.

What you do is make the same application again with the correct date of birth but put a covering letter explaining why the correction and enclose the original birth certificate.

Because a person only has one birthday, there is no standard form for someone to apply to change date of birth. You are expected to do it correctly in the first place. Hence, you fill the same form in again that you filled in before but send it with the covering letter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you do this for please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you do this for me please
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

Is not a service that we would be able to provide for you. It is simply a case of completing the form and sending it along with a covering letter and the original birth certificate. It’s a straightforward process and there is no point in involving a solicitor who would charge £200 per hour for dealing with something that you could easily do yourself.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Smith
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

I’m glad to help you. If you could rate the service positive using the rating system, that would really help me.