75100385

THEO OWNER OF FLAT AGENCY WHO MANAGED A FLAT HAS NOT PASSED

Customer Question

THEO OWNER OF FLAT AGENCY WHO MANAGED A FLAT FOR ME HAS NOT PASSED ON TO ME ANY RENT ARREARS OF 3 MONTHS OR THE FINAL PAYMENT OF RENT WHEN TENANT LEFT.I HAVE WRITTEN SPECIAL DELIVERY...E-M...TEXTED BUT SHE WILL NOT COMMUNICATE NOR PASS ON ANY FORWARDING ADDRESS FOR TENANT.
UNFORTUNATELY I CANNOT REMEMBER SIGNING CONTRACT WITH HER BUT SHE ACTED FOR MY LATE HUSBAND FOR YEARS WITH FLATS
WHAT CAN I DO?
CAN I GET POLICE TO INVESTIGATE
KATHLEEN
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

How much is owing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3 months rent £400 per month.......additional week from 09/05/2016.......this would be minus the agents fee £138 each month...i think that was the amount but I have had no income from22/02/2016.....and no communivation from her since end of april but her firm is in business and she is not away...cant afford the tel option to talk with you and lung disease left me iwth no power to sustain conversation1
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.