75100385

My partner and I have a lease agreement year which we are

Customer Question

My partner and I have a lease agreement for a year which we are half way through. We are in the process of splitting up and likely will have to leave the country as his visa is contingent on us being a couple. I need to know whether I can get out of my lease as I will no be able to stay in the UK as we have a son or be able to afford the place on my own
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What does the contract say about termination please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As far as I can see it give us no right to terminate or give notice before the end of the agreement but I am not sure if I am missing something. Sorry I am at work so it is very hard to speak on the phone. I have added the agreement so you can see it.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Its bad news I am afraid, the contract is clear, you are contracted in for the fixed period.

What the Landlord may do is relet the property once you move out. Then you would only be responsible for the vacant period and re-letting fees.

But apart from that you are liable for the rent sadly.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you are after and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.