75100385

I have an electrician who since February has been rewiring

Customer Question

I have an electrician who since February has been rewiring my house! He was off sick for two months with operation/infection. He has got the lights working now but no plugs or fuse box installed yet as only turns up after 2pm in the afternoons now and not regular either. He says there was trouble in the loft area and it has ta***** *****er than expected. I have therefore paid him over his original quote because of this problem which I suspect might be genuine. He likes money up front which I have always paid, in instalments. He now says he will need more money to finish the job. The job is half done, in my opinion as plugs still to do and fuse box. Says he will be finished next week. I think we still have a long way to go. Where do I stand regarding my original invoice and having paid already? Is he in his rights to ask for more? I am obviously feeling suspect of this situation. What should I say?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Did he give you a quote?
Was it in writing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Alex
Yes quote given in writing for full rewire at £5,670.00 which I thought acceptable. Both of us signed.
I paid £650 deposit via cheque, then £1,500 in instalment via bank transfer, then £2,000, then £2,800. Total to date £6,950.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a number we can chat on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry forgot to give it to you. Work number 01784-430800. Ask for Pauline, School Secretary
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok - I am just in Court, I will call after if thats ok?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay. Need to rush off at 3.50pm today to babysit grandchildren. Have to be there on time today.
Happy to speak with you tomorrow morning on work phone. In work from 8am.
From 3.15pm today I have to organise the school buses so cannot speak at this time as on walkie-talkie. So sorry.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Can you remind me tomorrow so I can call?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Reminder Alex to call Pauline when you can.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Calling now. Alex