Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I will be evicted from my home by bailiffs with a

I will be evicted from my home by bailiffs with a court-order with MY name on it. Does this mean that my three sons are not affected as their names will not be listed. Will the landlord have to take each of them to court to get them evicted?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Are you all joint tenants on the tenancy agreement?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Original agreement expired 12th December 2006, and only has my name on it
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming. As you are the sole tenant it is only you that they need to evict. Once you are evicted, any other occupants are no longer allowed to stay in the property as they only enjoy occupation of the property for so long as you are legally entitled to be in the property.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you