29905560

Insurance claims against me to say that I was uninsurued

Insurance claims against me to say that I was uninsurued when I was insured at the time 7 years ago.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Who has made the claim against you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mib just received email from them. This morning. Saying that I owe Zovirax 23k to pay in 7 days. For an Minor accident that I had 2009 to say that I was uninsurued at the time! When I had insurance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I at the time of insurance informed my insurance and broker of the accident. Still may have Paper work and bank bacs payment to insurance
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Have they issued a formal court claim?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not yet. Just an email
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

At this stage this is just a request, which means they believe you owe the money and are asking you directly to pay it. You cannot be forced to do so however. This is just a private request, it has no legal binding on you. The only way they can force you to pay is if they were to issue a claim in the county court and win. If they do issue a claim you will of course have the opportunity to defend it and provide any evidence you have to show that you did in fact have valid insurance at the time. This is where the documentation you mentioned will be vital – you can use whatever you have to show that you did have insurance and that their claim is flawed. This could be due to various reasons – it could be a misunderstanding, it could be due to admin error, it could be due to them simply having the wrong information or documents. So do not panic just yet – there is a long way to go before they can force you to pay anything and plenty of opportunities for you to be able to show that there is no valid claim in the circumstances. For the time being gather all available evidence and forward it to them to show them why they should not be pursuing you. It is for them to decide whether to make a claim but if they see that you have relevant documents to prove the claim is flawed, they may never go that far.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.

I accepted your phone request but was unable to connect. You may contact me on the number provided by the site.